The Croatian VHS-2 serves as the basis for the Springfield Hellion Bullpup Semi-Auto 5.56mm Rifle’s adaptation to American shooters. The rifle has a reverse ejection system that doesn’t need any extra parts or equipment. A set of fully ambidextrous controls, including the safety, charging handle, magazine, and bolt release, complete this system. As a result, the 5.56mm is incredibly small and is simple to fire from either shoulder.
Due to its five-position collapsible buttstock and two-position adjustable gas system, the Springfield Hellion is very flexible to the needs of shooters. On the top strip of the Picatinny rail, which also features a pair of flip-up iron sights, it is also prepared to receive the optic of your choosing.
Springfield Hellion Features:
- The bullpup system moves the action and the magazine back behind the trigger, reducing the overall length drastically while still retaining effective downrange performance.
- The Hellion comes with QD mount points on both sides of the 5.56mm bullpup, ensuring you can use the sling of your choice, arranged for use from either side.
- The Hellion 5.56mm bullpup features a two-position adjustable gas block with “S” suppressed and “N” normal modes to adapt to conditions and ammo availability.
Springfield Hellion Specs:
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO/.223 Rem
- Barrel: 16.0″ CMV, Melonite, 1:7″ twist
- Bolt Carrier Group: Proprietary, Melonite
- Gas System: 2-Position Adjustable Short Stroke Piston
- Weight: 8.0 lbs
- Overall Length: 28.25″-29.75″
- Muzzle Device: 4-Prong Flash Hider
- Charging Handle: Ambidextrous Non Reciprocating
- Safety Switch: Ambidextrous
- Sights: Integrated adjustable flip-up
- Stock: 5-position adjustable with cheek riser
- Grip: BCMGUNFIGHTER Mod 3
- Handguard: Polymer with M-Lok attachment points
- Action: Semi-auto
- Capacity: 30+1 (one Magpul PMAG included)