US Ordinance M60E6
The most recent upgrades to the M60 Series of machine guns are represented by the 7.62mm NATO M60E6 General Purpose Machine Gun (GPMG). It is a gas-powered, belt-fed, air-cooled machine gun with disintegrating links. It has a quick-change barrel and fires from an open bolt. A machined aluminum feed cover with an incorporated M1913 Picatinny rail for mounting optics is a feature of the M60E6. The attachment of infrared laser aiming systems and other sensors is made possible by an aluminum M1913 rail handguard, giving the weapon 24-hour capabilities.
US Ordinance M60E6 Features:
- Reliable and user-friendly.
- Light and compact design provides increased mobility and allows for accurate off hand (shouldered) direct fire support.
- Multiple M1913 rail mounting points for mounting optics, aiming lasers, and accessories.
- Stellite®-lined sustained fire barrels for extended barrel life. Available in short or heavy fluted configuration for application flexibility.
- Controllable yet lethal rate of fire allows for accurate firing in offhand, kneeling, and prone positions.
- Push button or ambidextrous safety.
- All major components are directly interchangeable with other M60 configurations.
- Mounts directly or adapts to all standard NATO tripod and vehicle mounts.
US Ordinance M60E6 Improvements:
- Simple and easy to maintain gas system with reversible gas piston. Adjustable front sight allows zeroing of primary and spare barrels. Offset barrel handle provides a clear sight picture and eliminates the need for a heat mitten for barrel changes.
- Lightweight one-hand operated receiver mounted bipod Lightweight forearm/pistol grip for improved control with (3) M1913 rails for mounting aiming lasers and accessories.
- Hard chrome and induction hardening of oprod tube facilitates easier cleaning and increases the service life of the receiver. 30% improved belt pull provides increased reliability in harsh, dirty environments.
- Forged 7075 Aluminum topcover with M1913 rail for mounting of optics.
- Ergonomic pistol grip with storage compartment and Improved trigger for use with gloves.
- New “captured pin” latch securely holds trigger assembly to receiver.
- Receiver mounted ammunition hanger provides a stable and secure mounting point for ammunition pouch and isolates the feed tray from accidental damage.
- Lightweight and ergonomic buttstock with hinged shoulder rest. Quick detach sling mounting points.
US Ordinance M60E6 Specs:
Caliber: 7.62x51mm NATO
Max Effective Range: 1,110 Meters
Rate of Fire: 500-650 Rounds Per Minute
Weight: 20.21 lbs
Length: 37 inches
Width: 4.8 inches